During the Spring of 2009 I decided I wanted to go back to college to get my Master's Degree in Counseling. I really had no idea how it could even work out for me to go but I figured it couldn't hurt to try. So I applied to the MAC program at Cincinnati Christian University. The application process is out of control, references, essays, paperwork and interviews. I completed the process and had to take a day off work to go to the interview. I was so excited but still unsure if it was what the Lord wanted for me. I began to pray about it and my prayer was if I didn't get into the program I would be okay with it knowing the Lord was in control.
Wow, that's so much easier said than done. I didn't get accepted, I got wait listed, which means if the people they accepted decided not to come I could. That was almost even worse, kind of like your good, but not quite good enough. I pretty much left it alone and was over it in a day or so. I really feel like everything in my life happens for a reason so I just try to not get too upset when I don't "get my way". I'm really glad that He sees the BIG picture.
When I started back to school as you know there were so many changes that I had to deal with I honestly would have NEVER been able to handle Master's classes on top of everything else. The first semester of school was extremely stressful and it would have just added to my stress. Never say God doesn't know what's best for us, He always does and He never gives us more than we can bear!
Come October I received an email letting me know that the school would like for me to apply to the program again if I wanted to. I decided I would try one more time and see what happened. I also prayed that if I was to get accepted the Lord was going to have to take care of the bills, as I don't have the funds to pay for the courses. Needless to say, I got accepted this time, I started taking classes in January and have always had the money to pay for the classes......God always provides!! I'm really enjoying what I'm learning and I know I'll be using this experience down the road to help others as well.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
No comments:
Post a Comment