It's very easy to have a pity party for yourself. I mean come on you can probably even get a couple of your closest friends to join in and help you out. I was thinking the other day how much I can sometimes forget all the blessing's God has given me. Not only the financial ones but the life lessons that I learn from and that help me to grow as a Christian and in my faith.
For the past weeks I have been taking a virtual mission trip to India with my 5th and 6th graders during Bible class. A young man named Chris is there now and sending videos back of what he is experiencing and seeing. It's absolutely amazing to me how much my students are getting out of this trip. I'm trying to teach them about being kind and not to take the things we have in America for granted.
When I start to think of all the things God has blessed me with it makes it very easy to forget about all that I'm still waiting on. If you start feeling sorry for yourself do this project, write down 10 things you have been blessed with, guaranteed you'll come up with more than you even imagined. Just the freedoms we have in this country are a big blessing.
A scripture comes to mind when I think about blessings. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. --Psalm 100:4
No comments:
Post a Comment