Thursday, November 25, 2010

Worthy?

One of my favorite songs, "I Want To Be Found Worthy" was sung at church this past Sunday and it has stayed on my mind all week. "Worthy" what really does that mean, I looked the word up on the dictionary, this is what I found, "having adequate or great merit, character, or value". When I think of my Christian walk there have been many times over the last 6 years I have NOT been those things. Not that I'm proud of it, but if I'm going to be honest I fail sometimes to do what God would want me to do. I then go on to beat myself up because I know I failed . Then one day it hit me, I'm not worthy, I'll never truly be worthy of all that God has given me or the eternity I will spend with Him. There will be days that I fail, not that I set out in the mornings to do so, but sometimes it just happens. Those days are when His grace and mercy are what I need the most. Those are also the days I tend to lean on Him more and grow closer to Him.

Life is full of lessons and unfortunately most lessons are learned through disappointments, troubled times, trials or just plain bad decisions. Our failures don't have to keep us down but help us to get up, shake it off and keep moving forward. You ever wonder why the Armor of God doesn't have anything covering the back, it's because we aren't supposed to turn around! We are supposed to keep our eyes on Him, even when we know we have hurt Him. The throwing our hands in the air and giving up are the true failures. Those are the times when we are putting our faith in ourselves and our own strength when we should be putting it in God's hands. Hebrews 13:5 says, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." If He won't give up on us, we should not give up on Him. He is the only one who can make us worthy, without Him we will never be.

On this Thanksgiving Day, I hope we can all remember all our blessings and be thankful for all we have!

No comments: