Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Friends are God's blessings

I'm amazed at how many people don't have those true friends they can turn to in a time of need. Those friends who in a moments notice, no matter what is on their schedule will drop everything and come to your rescue. Over the years I've realized that God has blessed me with not just one but multiple friends in my life whom I can fully rely on to stop what they're doing to listen to me. Sometimes I need to vent and others I just need a little wisdom that outside perspective looking in with no bias what so ever. Their only concern is my best interest.

They say the average person only has 2.7 (How they get the .7 who knows)true friends. If you're not married you rely on your friends and family, God places people in your life to be their for you during good times and bad. Over the past few weeks I've realized the blessing God has given me by putting multiple people in my life whom I know to be "true" friends and I'm grateful beyond words!! I can only hope they feel they also have a "true" friend in me :)

Are you being a true friend.....if you got a call in the middle of the night from a friend, would you go to their rescue? Do you offer encouraging words or words that tear down? If you have a friend you haven't spoken to in a while, pick up the phone, send a card or an email. Just let them know you're thinking about them and are there for them if they need you!

Blessings!!

No comments: