Monday, February 6, 2012

Fear no more!



If God has not given us a spirit of fear how is it that fear dominates our lives? I joined a book club/Bible study this year with some friends and we have been discussing Max Lucado's book Fearless. I really didn't have any expectations about what I was going to learn from this book because really I didn't feel like there is much I was afraid of, boy was I wrong!! Aside from the occasional mouse what more was I truly afraid of! This has been a great learning experience for me. Aside from the little rodent that shows up every once in a while I found that I'm more fearful than I thought.

When we dig deep within ourselves we find that our fears go beyond the normal phobias but within each of us we have the ability to allow fear keep us from doing God's will or pursue our dreams. This is why God tells us to put all of our trust in him and have faith that He will take care of us. If we would allow him to remove our fear of success, failure, putting ourselves out their, stepping out of comfort zone and even the little world that we are in He could use us in amazing ways. He doesn't give us anything that he doesn't qualify us to do.

Moses almost passed up on the opportunity to lead the people of Israel because he was fearful that his speech was not eloquent enough to articulate what God wanted done. Can you imagine that story being told without Mose in it! The burning bush, ten commandments, the speaking directly to God........He would have lost out on an amazing opportunity because of his fear.

If there's something you have been putting off because of being afraid, pray about it and ask God to remove the fear. If he doesn't give us the spirit of fear we are putting it on ourselves, He can remove it. Don't let your fears keep you from pursuing God's will for your life. Remember He uses the ordinary to accomplish the extraordinary!!

No comments: