Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Change.....

Wow....when you see that word what does it do to you? Well lately due to it being a year of politics the word can mean a lot for people, it can bring hope or despair. Some of us think of the word "Change" as a negative word, we like the status quo and don't want to rock the boat. For me, the word "Change" means opportunity, excitement, growth and something different. Now you might think that's a little odd but I don't necessarily always enjoy the routine, so change brings something new to my life. Now with that being said, I don't enjoy being taken out of my comfort zone and unfortunately with change that can happen. Over the past several months I had been asking God for a change in my life, something not only for my own spiritual growth but for me to advance His kingdom, I didn't think to ask for him to keep me in my comfort zone while these changes occurred, I've learned my lesson for the next time. So the change that's happened has brought me to a place of contentment and joy, being blessed by things that I would have not thought could be possible. With the Lord's help, prompting, and much prayer I left my church of the last 4 years, don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with my old church, but we were no longer a good fit. Sometimes, stepping outside of the box we build for ourselves in our mind takes us to places we would have never imagined. Through that one move God has opened up doors that I never would have thought possible. I've met a group of people who love the Lord and their focus is on growing his Kingdom and living for him. There are wonderful ministry opportunities and learning opportunities that have come with this change. So no longer am I content to be a pew warmer, but I'm craving learning more of God's word and sharing it in the ways He has planned.....The Bible tells us that we're all to go out and preach the gospel, it's not just the job of a select few, it's the command for all Christians. So my thought for the day, don't be afraid of change, welcome it, ask God to make it happen so that He can get the glory. You'll be blessed for your efforts and grow through the process. And speaking of change, Blogger has changed the way I post now....so who knows if this is going to work correctly ;-)

No comments: