Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bucket list

I was talking to a friend the other day and he said he didn't have a "bucket list", had never really given any thought to what he would want to do before he died. Is it just me or is that odd, don't worry I'm not talking about him behind his back, I told him I thought it was strange. The older I get the more I think about all of the amazing experiences I've all ready been allowed to have. God has blessed me beyond belief and allowed me to travel the world and do things I never thought I would or could do.

However, when I think of the things I still would like to do or accomplish the list is still pretty long. Some I have to admit might be a bit frivolous and others not so much, either way it's my list. The Lord says in John 10:10,I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I believe He wants us to enjoy life and enjoy it in Him. When we put Him first in our life He then gives us our hearts desires according to Psalm 37:4. That means those things that we want and are pleasing to Him.

One of the things on my bucket list is to go back to Israel to visit. My first trip there was truly a spiritual journey and an experience with the Lord, you can feel His presence in the land. To walk the places Christ walked made the Bible real to me. God has perfect timing and if it be His will and pleasing to Him I'll get to go back.

There are some things I would like to do that some might think would be a little dangerous, like take a hot air balloon ride or drive a Nascar around a track at a high rate of speed. He may allow me to do those as well, but I always remember the scripture my aunt quotes when I tell her I want to do something not so safe or maybe a little crazy. Matthew 4:7,Jesus said unto him, "It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. It makes me laugh every time she says it, but I remember it even when stepping onto a roller coaster and think to myself, "Hmmm.....am I tempting the Lord right now?"

Have you thought about what you want to do before you leave this world? Is the dash between your date of birth and date of death going to be filled with a lot of experiences or just a few? I'm not saying you have to come up with some crazy list, unless of course you want to, but have a dream. Give some thought about that list and what experiences God wants you to have, give your list to Him and let Him help you fill it out and complete it. You never know the adventure you can have when God is in control!

No comments: