My busyness and all consuming "To Do List" have turned into Kryptonite! I was speaking to someone earlier this evening about the schedule I have over the next few months, college courses to complete, my daughters wedding the same week as the last week of the school year, leaving for a mission trip for a month to the Ukraine a week later and to top it all off I have to move out of my apartment by mid June. Which will technically be nearly impossible since I'll be in the Ukraine at that time and I'm not sure when exactly I can go find a new place to live! So among the reminders to take out the garbage, I also need to apartment hunt.
The thought of it all just makes me want to throw my hands in the air and say forget it, but feeling like my life is ordained by God and I'm doing what He wants me to be doing, all I can do is ask Him for grace and strength. I've found at the end of each day I can find many blessings throughout the busy day I've had. Even when things happen and my schedule gets thrown off God still shows me what He's accomplished that day in my life.
Last week my niece had to go to the hospital for pneumonia and issues with her kidneys. I was concerned for her health and for my sister and brother in-law, how they were handling the situation. After them being told that the diagnosis would be life long treatments for my niece, I asked my sister how she was doing, she said, "I'm doing fine, the Lord loves her more than we do and He'll take care of her and can even heal her." What a wonderful outlook on a not so great situation and it made me think about how God loves us more than we even love ourselves and He will take care of us if we will just let Him.
My prayer this evening was, "Lord, help me to do your will and draw closer to you.....whatever that might take." If it means leaning on Him for strength to get through my daily tasks then so be it, but also help me to recognize the daily blessings He's given me, even amongst the busyness of life!
No comments:
Post a Comment