Sunday, May 1, 2011

Excited!

I was driving back to Cincinnati today after spending the weekend away and it came to me I hadn't updated my blog in a while. A lot is happening and I don't always have the time or take the time to update my blog. My daughters wedding plans are moving right along and I have one more quiz in my college courses to take and I'll be finished with that for the semester. Still no luck with housing, but at least I have a short term solution until I return from my trip to Ukraine.

Ahh, my mission trip to the Ukraine, it's amazing to me how God opens doors and moves things right along. After feeling like He had changed my plans from Israel to Ukraine He very clearly opened all the doors. I've met via Facebook the group I'll be going with. I've also spoken with the missionaries we'll be staying with and gotten some ideas of what types of things we'll be working on. It looks like Vacation Bible Schools and other children ministries. It's amazing to see God is working it all out. He's been faithful in supplying the funds for the trip and I'm halfway there with all that I'll need. I've not even been worrying about it, because I know He will supply. The one thing I'm not looking forward to however is the Tetnus shot they require us to get before we can go, but I'll get through that fear as well.

It's exciting to know I'm going to a country where Christianity is not the main religion and actually low on the totem pole, but God is trusting me to go spread the gospel. What an awesome responsibility!

I know I've used this verse before but Jeremiah 29:11,"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." This is a verse that helps me keep my head up when I'm feeling low and knowing that I'm trusting God with everything in my life, including traveling half way around the world.

No comments: