It's hard to believe in less than 3 days I'll be starting on my mission trip. I'm looking forward to going to Ukraine to work with the children there. We will be doing a Vacation Bible School in one part of the country and then traveling to the other side of the country and doing a Youth Camp. Apparently, the Youth Camp is where my military training will come in handy. We will truly be camping sleeping in tents, bathing in the river and yes even digging our own bathrooms :)
Life is an adventure for sure, I was making one of my many drives moving my things this week and had a lot of alone time to think. While I was preparing to move to Belize I remember testifying in church that I was not afraid to move and I would do whatever God wanted me to, even dig ditches if that's what He wanted. Who knew that He would hold me to that statement years later:) I need to remember never to say something I don't mean because God might test me on it down the road.
A friend asked me the other day if I was afraid. I'm looking at it as God's will and if He is in it He will take care of all of us, so that being said, I'm not afraid in the least. He has given me peace about the trip from the beginning and has provided in every way for me to go.
I was short $350 for the final balance of the trip (plane ticket). I had been praying about it and told the Lord I was not asking anyone for the money. If the trip was of Him, He alone would provide it. I also know I had friends and family praying about it for me as well. I received a call a couple days later from my aunt she said, "I have the rest of your money, someone dropped it off this morning." She told me the person didn't want to be acknowledged for giving but felt God laid it on their heart to give it. What a blessing and answer to prayers! So if that person who gave the money happens to be reading this, "Thank You" and know you are an answer to prayer. Thanks to everyone who gave towards my trip....it's amazing how God uses people in all ways to increase His Kingdom!
Now that Montessa's wedding is over, I've moved my things from my apartment to storage and the plane ticket is bought.....another chapter is about to begin. I have no idea what is ahead of us, however I know who goes before us and will prepare the way!! May we glorify Him and help to build His Kingdom!!
If you remember please pray for my team as we are away. I'll try to update my blog, but not sure how much time or internet access I'll have.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment