The first school year came to a close. It had been a good year and God had provided and helped me with the students in my class. As I began to think about the summer months I had no idea what I was going to do. As it turned out I did not get a paycheck during summer, so I needed to find a summer job and quick! Unfortunately very few companies will hire you for 10 weeks and with the recession in full swing I was totally panicked!
I had spoken to a couple people on campus and told them to let me know if they heard of anyone hiring. One of my friends said, "he knew someone but was unsure of when the job would be available." I had a couple students who needed tutoring a few times a week so I started doing that, this gave me about $100 a week income (try living on that for very long), talk about stretching your money. Some of the weeks they would forget to pay or would cancel, so money I would plan on showed up late or not at all.
I had a couple people give me their tithes during this time, they said they felt the Lord would want them to help one of His own when they were in a tight spot. This money helped me stay caught up. I began to get desperate and didn't know what to do. I called the school and asked them if they had anything that I could do. They did......and now I know why the job was available. I had to call people to update the address list the school had on file, approximately 10,000 families. It was the most boring job I have ever had. A day after I started the job, I got the call that the summer job I had been wanting was now available and I could start immediately. If I would have just waited patiently on the Lord, I wouldn't now have 2 jobs!
As much as I am not someone to back out on something, I did the most uncomfortable thing in the world and quit the calling job. My impatience put me in a difficult, uncomfortable situation, all because I was not patient enough to wait for the Lord to provide. I found out from that specific situation to WAIT, the Lord always has a plan and each summer since He has provided. I have been able to keep that summer job even through the school year.
God has something huge planned for me, but if I do now what I did back then and try to "fix it" myself He'll have to come behind me and correct my mistakes. I have to learn to let my impatience not take over His master plan. If you're wondering if that job, spouse, money or whatever your need is will be coming in.....remember God really doesn't need your help to take care of it, He only needs your willingness to wait and be obedient in what He wants for your life!
Isiah 30:41 "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."
1 comment:
thSuch a great reminder Monica!! Thank you! And it was nice seeing you today! :)
Post a Comment