Have you ever had a major decision to make and really no matter what happened you would be fine with the outcome? After being in Belize for about 5 months I started feeling like I needed to return to America. The problem was, come back to what? I didn't really have anything in America but my family. I love them all dearly but starting over completely, again, was not something I relished.
As the school year started to come to an end I felt like my purpose for being in Belize was accomplished. I began praying because I knew I didn't want to come home and work in a secular job,doing the same old, same old. My prayer was for the Lord to open up a job position at God's Bible School and College for me. If I was offered a position to teach there, then I would know for sure I was supposed to go back home.
I emailed the principal I had interviewed with in January and just asked him to keep me in mind if any positions opened up. He emailed me back a few days later and told me he had a teaching position for me for the next school year, if I was interested. I WAS INTERESTED! My prayer had been answered! I accepted the position and we purchased our plan tickets. Then it happened! Just when life is moving along smooth a big ole slap in the face. He contacted me again apologizing that my position had been given to someone else. Apparently, there was a lack of communication and two people were hiring someone for the same position. UGH!!! This was totally a test of my faith.
I came back to the apartment and told Aunt Carol what had happened and that I didn't have a position anymore. She said, "We are going home, one way or another you will be working for God's Bible School." She was right, within a few days I received another email stating the issue had been resolved and my position was available. I was on my way back to America.
God works in such mysterious ways. We left Belize headed back for America at the beginning of July, our time in Belize had been fulfilled. God had used us for the purpose we were sent for.
Sometimes our plans are long-term and Gods are short-term. We never know what He has in store of us, it's not our job to figure it out. It's only our job to do what He asks of us and let Him work our lives out, as He see fits!
No comments:
Post a Comment