I'm going to take a short intermission from telling my past story. I have had it laid on my heart for a few weeks that I need to share how good God is and what He has done recently!
Have you ever felt like the Lord has spoken to you and told you to do something, but you're just not sure it was the Lord. It's happened to me more than once through out my Christianity and I learned pretty quickly to test Him. According to 1 John 4:1 "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."
I was beginning to feel like maybe I wasn't suppose to be writing this blog. Maybe I was writing it for the wrong reasons. My full intention in starting it was for God to get the glory from a life He has changed. Not only did He change me, but He has never failed me (most people will say yet after that statement)......I choose not to because He will NEVER fail me. Whatever comes my way in my life it will be of God's doing, so how can I count any of it as a failure. Somehow Satan got into my head and started telling me I shouldn't be writing this, it's not doing any good and no one is even reading it.
A couple of weeks ago maybe after about my seventh post, I prayed one evening. I wanted to know if I should continue writing or stop, I needed to know I was doing God's will. It's not in my best interest to write this blog because lets face it not all of this is easy to tell. It's difficult for me to open up and be vulnerable and tell all my private business. I'm sure some people might even disagree with me for doing it. In my prayer I asked the Lord to show me that I was doing what He wanted me to do and doing it for the right reasons. Not to be boasting about myself or anything great I have done, I told no one about my prayer or my concern.
God is so kind and faithful He answered my prayer that evening before I went to sleep. My daughter made a comment on my blog that confirmed she was okay with what I was writing. In my head I said, "Great thanks Lord, but she's my daughter and she would love me know matter what and support whatever I did." Although I was very grateful for the comment, God knew this alone would not help me to know 100% this was what He wanted me to do.
The next morning I went for my normal walk with my friend Beth, after I dropped her off I was in McDonald's drive thru purchasing my favorite drink, "iced mocha" and I happened to open my Facebook account on my phone. Within my account was a message, a very detailed message by one of my FB friends. I have asked her permission to post it below, however for her anonymity I'm leaving her name out, I would rather share her message than her name, it's amazing =)
"Hey there! Your blogs have touched me, so thank you for sharing! I too was raised in a Christian home, all of my life, but am not living my life the way that I should. Not proud of how my life has turned out. Depression has ruined me and my family, but I don't want to use excuses anymore for the way my life is. I want to change it! I want God to change it! I know that He can and will pray that He will! God uses people to wake us up and I'm truly thankful for it! I'm sick of excuses and I'm sick of letting Satan walk all over me an my family! I am not where I need to be in life and am asking you to pray with me that I will let God be in control from here on out! I need help! I need praying friends! I need you and I know that God has lead me to your blogs for a reason! Thank you so much for sharing! :-)"
Right there in McDonald's parking lot I started crying like a little child......and you have already been told it takes a lot for me to cry. I was so emotional for two reasons, first, every doubt I had, God confirmed I was doing exactly what He wanted me to be doing. Secondly, for this friend and her situation and desire to be following Christ. (Someone who I haven't seen in over 20 years and have only spoken on FB once and not about Christianity). God is so amazing, He used someone in my life and in her life to show that He can be everywhere at once and answer both of our prayers. She has since re-dedicated her life to Christ. I see this happy person now with great uplifting post on her FB statuses and giving Christ all the glory. If the angels in Heaven rejoice over one who turns to Christ why shouldn't we!!!!!
Since then the Lord continues to confirm my fears by sending others my way with comments of wanting a changed life, a life lived for Him. My blog is helping and that's all that matters......extending a loving hand with an open heart to expand the Kingdom of God, regardless of what we have to do to accomplish it!!
Is there a ministry God wants you to do, maybe it's not the Vacation Bible School or a ministry your church has. Maybe He wants you to step out in faith and do something on your own, just you and Jesus working together. I have found just living a life and telling your story is enough to show others how BIG God is. I'm not unusual, people all over the world have much better stories than I, they need to be told......so go tell your story to someone and let God work in your life and theres!
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15
No comments:
Post a Comment